Climbing comes naturally to cats, and they enjoy exploring their surroundings using their acrobatic abilities. Though this behavior is typical, it can sometimes lead to unintended consequences, such as knocking over objects or creating safety hazards.
Wall shelves designed specifically for cats provide an ingenious approach to satiating your feline friend’s natural desire to climb while also preventing them from accessing dangerous areas. In this article, we will discuss efficient methods that may be used in conjunction with cat wall shelves to discourage your cat from climbing on furniture and other objects.
Top tips to keep your cats from climbing on things
Here are some useful tips to stop your cats from climbing on inappropriate areas with the aid of cat wall shelves:
- Choose the Perfect Wall Shelves for Your Cat
It is critical to consider your cat’s weight and size when choosing wall shelves for them. Select a few shelves that are sturdy enough to support your cat’s weight.
- Place the Shelves Strategically
Arrange the shelves in different parts of the room to pique your cat’s interest in climbing. These could be placed close to windows to provide them with a view, or close to busy areas to make them feel like they are part of the activity.
- Improved level of comfort
Provide your cat with soft pillows, blankets, toys, and even scratching posts to keep them occupied and moving around to increase the level of comfort.
- Educate Your Cat
By putting treats on the shelves or promoting playtime next to them, you can help your cat learn how to make use of them. You can complete this step by teaching your cat.
- Put Your Patience to the Test
You should be persistent and patient in your efforts, as it may take some time for your cat to become accustomed to using the shelves.
What size and weight should cat wall shelves be?
When searching for wall shelves made for cats, it is important to consider their size and weight capacity before making a purchase. To help you pick the right shelves, follow this useful guide:
For Small Cats
Choose shelves with a minimum depth of 18 inches, a minimum width of 12 inches, and the ability to support at least 20 pounds.
For Midsize Cats
Opt for shelves with a minimum depth of 24 inches, a minimum width of 18 inches, and the ability to hold up to 30 pounds.
For Big Cats
Consider selecting shelves that are designed to hold a weight of at least 40 pounds, with a minimum depth of 30 inches and a minimum width of 24 inches.
To ensure your cat’s safety, keep the shelves no higher than six feet off the ground.
What are the different types of cat wall shelves?
1. Frisco Cushioned Wall Mounted Cat Wall Shelf
- In order to ensure that your cat is comfortable and that the shelf is easy to clean, it comes with a cushion that can be removed and washed.
- Included in the package is a fun and engaging teaser wand cat toy.
- The Chewy pet specialists are responsible for the conception, testing, and final approval of every Frisco product.
- This shelf that is mounted on the wall is ideal for maximizing space as well as providing a comfortable place for your cat to rest.
2. Litterbox.com Cat Shelf, 2 count
- The Litterbox.com Cat Shelf is an adaptable piece of cat furniture that comes with two shelves specifically designed for your feline friend’s amusement.
- These shelves are built to last and are designed to make the most of the vertical space in your home.
- Your cat will find comfort in the grey cushions you have provided.
- The shelves have a rich finish that lends an air of sophistication to your interior design, and their layout is reversible, so they can be installed in a variety of ways.
- This cat shelf meets the natural impulses of cats to climb while also adding style and functionality to your living space.
3. TRIXIE Lea Wall Mounted Cat Bed, X-Large
- TRIXIE’s Lea Cat Wall Mount Perch is a plush-lined perch designed to provide your feline friends with the utmost comfort while they are relaxing, reclining, or sleeping.
- Its flexible shape, which is characterized by a curve, is well-suited for both contemporary and traditional indoor settings.
- This elevated lounger is great for tiny areas and can be placed on the wall to provide your cat with an opportunity to climb. Installation is simple, and cleaning is a breeze since all you need to do is wipe it off.
Wall shelves designed specifically for cats not only offer a functional solution to the problem of how to keep your cat occupied, but they also make an attractive addition to the interior design of your home.
You may establish a safe and exciting environment for your cat while decreasing their climbing excursions on your furniture and shelves if you carefully place these shelves, provide interesting toys, and offer positive reinforcement.
In addition, you can create this environment by providing positive reinforcement. Your cat will be grateful to you for the new play area, and you will value the peace of mind that it brings you as a result of providing it.
Thus, if you are looking for cat wall shelves, visit the online store of Chewy. Besides, for more such related blogs, check out our website Celebzero.