One of the most practical options, if you’re planning a trip from London to Manchester, is by plane. Since several airlines fly this route, it’s simple to locate a flight that fits your schedule and price range. At Celeb Zero, we provide a straightforward booking process for London to Manchester flights.
Your guide to London to Manchester flights:
The average flight time for London Manchester flights is one hour and seven minutes, while numerous factors may affect the exact duration of the flight. You will depart from London City for flights to Manchester, and you will arrive at Manchester International for London to Manchester flights.
Cheap London to Manchester flights are offered by a number of airlines, including British Airways, Aer Lingus, Aurigny Air Services, and FlyBe.
Booking 90 days in advance is typically the greatest strategy for receiving flight ticket discounts, and this applies to domestic flights as well.
You will also find return flights from Manchester to London.
However, the following deals might be of interest to you if you’re seeking for last-minute London to Manchester flights:
- Ryanair’s Wednesday, April 19 Departure and Wednesday, April 19 Return fare starts at £54
- Departure Sun, Apr. 23 – Return British Airways LHR London on Thursday, April 27 Return on British Airways from Manchester for £192
- Ryanair London LTN to Manchester MAN Departure: Wednesday, May 3, Return Wednesday, May 10, from £58
- British Airways LHR London, Departure Thursday, May 4, and Return Saturday, May 6. Return on British Airways from Manchester for £147
Things to know about Manchester and London:
Manchester is one of the wettest cities in the UK, so bring an umbrella and a jacket to ensure that your pleasure is not ruined. Manchester is ideal for short excursions or extended stays from May through August. Sounds of the City, the Manchester Jazz Festival, and the Manchester Pride Big Weekend are just a few of the summer festivals that the city offers. The city also comes alive in December with a variety of Christmas markets, many of which have European themes.
Three airports—London City, Heathrow International, and Gatwick—offer frequent London to Manchester Flights and are among the ones that serve London. These airports provide a wide range of amenities, such as free Wi-Fi, a wide selection of food and beverages, and smoking areas outside.
Transportation options from Manchester Airport:
Manchester Airport is located approximately 9 miles from the city center. Here are a few choices for passengers looking for transportation:
- Train: Manchester Piccadilly Station, the city’s primary train station, is accessible directly from Manchester Airport’s train station. The trip takes roughly 20 minutes and trains run every 10 minutes.
- Bus: There are numerous bus lines that connect Manchester’s various neighbourhoods and neighbouring areas to the airport. Stagecoach, First Manchester, and Arriva are some of the regional bus companies.
- Taxi: Taxis are accessible outside the airport terminal, and depending on traffic, the trip to the city centre takes 20 to 30 minutes.
- Car rental: Several rental car agencies, including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, and Enterprise, are available at Manchester Airport.
Currency exchange rates and cost of living:
Knowing the currency rates and cost of living in Manchester is helpful if you’re travelling there from London or another country. The exchange rate for 1 GBP as of April 2023 is roughly:
Manchester generally has cheaper living expenses than London does. Here are some instances of typical Manchester daily spending costs:
- Local one-way bus fare is £2. A midrange restaurant meal costs £15
- Taxi starting fare in the daytime: £2.55
- £3.26 for a regular cappuccino.
Although the cost of living can vary depending on where you travel and what you do, these figures should give you a basic idea of what to expect.
Some travel advice for those taking London to Manchester flights:
- In advance: If you want to get the most out of your trip, planning is essential. This entails making travel arrangements in advance and researching things to do in Manchester before travelling.
- Put on adequate clothing and comfortable walking shoes because Manchester’s weather can be unpredictable.
- Check the baggage allowances: Each airline has different baggage policies, so be sure to study them before you pack. This lowers expenses and waste.
- Arrive early at the airport to avoid long lines and to experience less anxiety. Arrive at least two hours before takeoff to have enough time to get through security and get to your gate.
- Bring food and entertainment: Flights between London and Manchester can last anywhere between one and two hours, so it’s a good idea to pack some snacks and amusement to keep you occupied.
- Prevent dehydration by drinking enough water before and throughout the flight to keep yourself hydrated and feeling refreshed.
Overall, London to Manchester flights are easily available. Once you are there, getting around is simple because of the numerous airlines that offer flights and the abundance of transit alternatives from the airports. Manchester is an excellent destination for a cheap trip because it normally has a cheaper exchange rate and cost of living than London. For more information, visit eDreams and the official website of Celeb Zero.